Continuing Medical Education at the University of Cincinnati
Health Learning Resource Center
The Health Learning Resource Center (HLRC) is a lending center for educational materials located in the office of HEALTH-UC in Georgetown, Ohio. The HLRC's normal operating hours are from 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. -- Monday thru Friday.
The Health Learning Resource Center contains an extensive collection of Videotape
(VHS) Programs; CD-ROM CME programs; Teaching Models; and Educational Displays.
The educational materials are available for use by a wide variety of healthcare
professionals, institutions, and agencies.
We ask the patron to preview the materials prior to usage to determine appropriateness for the intended audience. Materials are scheduled for use on a first-come, first-service basis. There is currently no charge to borrow HLRC materials or equipment; however, the resources are limited for use in Adams, Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren counties in Southwest Ohio.
HEALTH-UC reserves the right to restrict or refuse circulation of materials.
The materials are loaned for a maximum of two weeks unless other specific
arrangements have been made. Materials may be picked up and returned to HEALTH-UC
in one of the following ways: 1) in person or 2) by United Parcel Service (UPS).
Note: not all items are avaliable for shipment.
The patron is responsible for:
- Scheduling requests in advance. This will assist the HLRC Coordinator in scheduling and ordering your request. Requests may be made by mail, e-mail, fax, in person, or by phone.
- Exercising care when using the materials and reporting any problems (e.g. torn, broken, or poor quality) to the HLRC Coordinator.
- Completing the HLRC Circulation/Evaluation Form. This information is utilized to maintain/improve the quality of the HLRC Program and to complete required statistical reports.
- Acknowledging that materials are in good working order and agreeing to assume liability for any and all damages due to mishandling, misuse, or loss of materials registered in patron's name.
- Returning the materials to HEALTH-UC in person or by United Parcel Service (UPS) and insuring each item for $300. The Library Rate through the U.S. Postal Service is not permissible due to the length of time involved in delivery and difficulty in tracking packages.
Failure to abide by the patron's responsibilities may result in the suspension of borrowing privileges.
If you wish to visit the Health Learning Resource Center, reserve equipment or other educational materials, or have any questions, please contact Jennifer Stewart-Hamblen, the HLRC Coordinator at (937) 378-4171 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.